Liliah Haven is seeking shift-workers to support our programs and services team. Liliah Haven is a long-term residential life recovery program for women who are suffering from life-controlling issues including substance addiction, depression, anxiety, unresolved trauma and mental health issues. This holistic recovery program aims to support the recovery and healing process as well as educate, equip and empower the women to thrive in future relational and work environments. With experienced passionate leaders, and a variety of professional services, we provide a broad range of programs and services that address the diverse needs of women in our local community.
About the role:
Shift Workers are core members of our team whose primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and daily wellbeing of all Participants and to assist Liliah Havens’ Leadership with the overall effectiveness of our residential program.
Shift Workers are also responsible for making sure all aspects of the day-to-day Program are running efficiently, with a focus on continuous improvement. The Shift Worker reports to, and continually liaises with, the Liliah Haven Management Team while on shift to proactively meet the needs of all Participants.
What we are seeking:
Liliah Haven is seeking to fill a number of Permanent Part -Time shift worker positions to join our Program and Services team in supporting our residential program. Liliah Haven is a ministry of Paradox Church, under the umbrella of the Paradox Transformation Centre, and as such the applicant needs to be a practicing Christian, regularly attending a local church. Liliah Haven is a faith-based not for profit organisation that expresses our love for Jesus through loving and providing for people. Although it is encouraged that the applicant is part of Paradox Church (or willing to join it) we welcome applicants who are committed to attending other churches and will support them to continue that. We believe the character and heart of a person is far more important than which church they fellowship at.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to Liliah Haven’s mission and values.
- A commitment to the values and ethos of Christian values and leadership culture is essential.
- Part of Paradox Church or a part of another local church and willing to support the values and heart of Paradox Church
- Qualifications or relevant equivalent experience in Community Services or Mental Health or willingness to commence studies.
- Leads by example; someone who is willing to get hands on with preparing meals, cleaning, driving while also doing higher level jobs.
- Be willing and able to work a fortnightly roster which will include weekends and overnight shifts (overnight shifts using staff bedroom provided for sleeping 10pm-6:30pm)
- Leadership skills and ability to be a positive adult role model to the women in the program and assisting them to develop confidence and self-worth.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player who works in a calm and collaborative manner but is capable of operating autonomously on a daily basis.
- Strong negotiation and critical thinking skills.
- A compassionate person and an active listener.
- Computer literacy.
- Current driver’s licence, Working with Children Check and current Police Clearance.
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and the ability to establish and uphold boundaries with people.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a unique environment with people who have experienced trauma resulting in substance abuse, mental health issues and family breakdown.
- Openness to learning new skills and sharing their experiences and learnings with others.
- The ability to work in a calm, efficient and supportive manner.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated well-developed time management and organisational skills.
- Experience in supporting women who have complex needs.
- Understanding of trauma informed practice.
- Experience using a range of office software including Word and Excel.
- Experience using Office 356
- Oversee the day-to-day Program activities and Tasks, and ensure Participants arrive to groups on time.
- Lead the Shift and delegate responsibilities to the team on the floor.
- Assist Participants in receiving therapeutic Services and support.
- Work collaboratively with all Shift Workers to assess Participants on a regular basis and provide development plans specific to their individual needs.
- Conduct weekly case management meetings with your allocated cases and prepare and maintain accurate case management records that are shared with relevant colleagues and professionals.
- Ensure all Risk Management practices are followed including physical assessments of Participants and creating risk incident reports as required.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team with all relevant duties with a focus on continuous Program improvement and professional development.
- Responsible for knowing where Participants are at all times.
- Act as the first point of contact for crisis response management.
- Facilitate brief interventions and mediations as required.
- Liaise with outside Organisations as required.
- Ensure Participants attend appointments as scheduled.
- Liaise with the Senior Leader on shift on-site or on-call for issues outside of the Shift Leaders capability.
- Write all participants incidents or achievements of the day in the ‘Day Book’.
- Help train new shift workers and volunteers as required.
- Complete thorough room checks as required.
- Request a urine, breath and/or smoke analysis of a participant as required.
- Oversee practical floor duties ie cleaning/monitoring groups, etc.
- Conduct or delegate new participant intakes and bag check ins.
- Lead by example in demonstrating Organisational Values.
- Support Participants as a mentor.
- Be aware of all relevant Work Health Safety (WHS) Guidelines and advocate consistent application of these.
- Dispense and administer participant’s daily medications compliantly.
- Complete other duties as requested.
What we have to offer:
- Part-time roles working 15 – 60 hours a fortnight with increased hours as required.
- The ability to salary package – meaning you can reduce your tax and increase your take home pay.
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- A supportive and values-based work environment.
- Pay based on the SCHADS Award.
- Delicious meals made for you every shift!
If you believe that you have the skills and passion for this role, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching your resume.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact Esther Young by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile during office hours, 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday, on 0450 947 751.
Applications are open ongoing.